Tuesday, November 25, 2008

i'm devastated.  The buyer for my house has backed out ..... But the house we are wanting and have been praying over - they are willing to extend the contract. 
I'm at a loss. 
I know without a shadow of a doubt who my God is . 
He is mighty. He knows All. He has plans to prosper me. HE is working right this moment. He parted the Red Sea. He calmed the storms and raging winds. He healed the sick. He calms the storm inside me .He calms my anxious heart. 
We were so close. and i feel like it all just got taken away . the rug taken from underneath our feet. I feel like we are back at stage one. David says we are just halfway there. Inspections done and such. I'm praying for a buyer . Someone who wants my house- needs my house. Obviously it was not her.   Heartbroken. I thought we were going to be in Jackson for Christmas. Crying with joy that this finally happened. I dunno where we will be now - Florence or Jackson. I totally believe we could still move by the end of the year. I'm not betting on it . I'm hoping for it. I trust him. I really do. But that doesn't mean that this doesn't hurt. It hurts. 
At least we still have graduation to plan for and celebrate. 
And things could be so much worse. 
So now i'm back to waiting again. I'm going to escape into a book this afternoon. 
As dave said humorously this afternoon- at least we didn't go ahead and sell our bed. ( we were selling some items on craigslist -cause we have some stuff in storage still ) 
My hope and trust is not in man but in God. I know what he can do - i've seen it. 
I know what he's done in my life. I will wait . Patiently for what he has. 
Maybe we'll still move this month. I really hope so. I really do. I think that would be one of the greatest Christmas presents we could ask for. 
Please continue to pray for us. And for the person God has for our house. 

Thanks for reading. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there! I love you and I can learn a thing or two about your trust in God. Prayers are coming your way dear, sweet wife.

david s.

Anonymous said...

hang in there! I love you and I can learn a thing or two about your trust in God. Prayers are coming your way dear, sweet wife.

david s.

Amanda said...

God's timing is always better than ours..although that doesn't mean it doesn't suck still. Praying for you guys.