Friday, May 30, 2008

so my old roommate is getting married and i'm shooting her pictures in the morning. i love doing that. absolutely love it - it keeps me active in my gift. And i just love capturing those moments in time. I'm hopefully going to be updating my flickr with more pictures since i just dumped all my cards out onto my external drive. i miss flickr and spending all those times searching and looking at other peoples art and feeling like i'm somewhat sharing mine. Anways back to the wedding part. it's going ot be nice i think because it'll be a bunch of old friends and people from hattiesburg - one of the many towns i went to school at. So it'll be nice to see familiar faces and well feel loved. I have a great group of friends at church i dont' alwasy get to hang out with them but i really do have some good friends there. Outside of church my friend list has dwindled. Sometimes i wonder if i'm a bad friend or bad company. I hope not either. 
  David has started back school. which is always a little bit odd when he's been home. I'll survive though. He'll finish his degree in Dec. 
Hoping to take a few day trips this summer. To Laurel and one to Oxford. 
Riley's vocabulary has really opened up. She's talking more and more and her personality is really shining through. WE have been watching movies togetehr the last few days and The little mermaid and Finding nemo have been our most watched - i'm contemplating renting some for her. Also realizing how much disney really shifted my view of love and realtionships - i mean fairy tell weddings at the age of 16???? really????? yup all the princess' where 16! craziness. and it's ok to be disobedient and spoiled cause it all works out in the end =) 
But with all the taken and what i'll tell riley as she grows up and make sure she's not jaded or whatever - i do love a good disney movie and under the sea is a great song to dance to with my little girl =) . 

I have started gardening. yes me. my mother in law was a gem at it and i thought i might as well i can't be the other sprayberry woman not gardening. so i finally got my hands dirty. And i'm patiently wating for my flowers to bloom. i haven't killed anything new yet. and it's actually really rewarding. I'm hoping my sunflowers pop up ---- they haven't yet which is worrying but hopefully they'll make it everything else is coming up. so hopefully my mammoth flowers will join them and start poking their leaves out from underneath the dark ground. 

No comments: